This Is the Police Release Date
February 16, in the year of our Lord 2017 --
This Is the Police is a strategy/adventure game set in a city
spiraling the drain. Taking the role of gritty Police Chief Jack
Boyd, you'll dive into a deep story of crime and intrigue. Will
Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he
end up broken ... or worse?
• Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days, before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
• Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
• The Good, the Bad, and... the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg's Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys, and decide how to deal with them.
• Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
• Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
• Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
• Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
This is the Police is available for PC, Mac and Linux. The game will be released to consoles on March 22nd, 2017 as digital download and retail box.
Dear PC community,
Allow me to briefly introduce myself. My name is Boyd, Jack Boyd, Freeburg’s Police Chief in charge, and I hereby would like to revoke our exclusivity.
To cut to the chase: the PCMR (not only the subreddit, but the entire PC gaming community) had me exclusively for quite some time now. Here are some alternative facts for you: After playing my gritty ass for 1.7 million hours, raking in 85 billion dollars of corruption money (President Trump, let me pay for that wall), and protecting the mob from tens of thousands of charges and felonies, I think it is time to move on.
After offering my services on the PC platform over the past couple of months, I’m tired, exhausted, bored, and just need a change of scenery. I recently got an offer from two competing platform holders in that department. I would like to do without the usual name-dropping of Microsoft and Sony, but sometimes a man’s gotta do, what a man’s gotta do.
I hope you are not disappointed when our period of exclusivity is over, and that I would like to start working on other platforms beginning with March 22nd 2017.
Chief of Police, Freeburg PD